Xenocider

Alles über Dreamcast-Software - von Spielen, Tipps, Cheats bis zu Homebrew, Emulatoren und mehr.
Maryokutai
Ehrenmitglied
Ehrenmitglied

Re: Xenocider

Beitrag von Maryokutai »

hombreimaginario hat geschrieben:We know it's pricey, but it was either that or not offering that edition at all (which, all things considered, might have been the best choice?)...
For 100€ it's obviously not meant for everyone anyway, so I don't see the problem with it. You'll have no issues selling those 50 copies as there are always collectors wanting to get their hands on limited stuff, especially for discontinued hardware.
Acrid
Foren-Kaiser
Foren-Kaiser

Beitrag von Acrid »

Yes, 100€ is very much and a bit too much. I think 60€ would be a good price. But I ordered it, because I don't buy that much games for other platformes and I never buy brandnew games, I don't have a PS4 or a XBox One. So I can make an exception and pay 100€.

But personally I have some problems with Xenocider at the moment. It should be a Space-Harrier-like game, but at the moment it's not as good as the old classic game. The steering/handling is too complicated and the animations are not smooth. You have a 3D engine, so sidescrolling stages or even backward scrolling stages like in Rez would be nice. And I don't like the fisheye visuals.
DragoonC
Lebende Legende
Lebende Legende

Beitrag von DragoonC »

is the PAL disc layout the same as the ntsc?
it would have been a better solution, to offer a PAL disc only and PAL covers for download, so everybody can do their own. thats price reducing, you would even sell more PAL copies. everybody would be happy about that.
mstar
Foren-Ass
Foren-Ass

Beitrag von mstar »

If you still have the limited editions left:

Put. numbers. on. them.

They'll sell like hotcakes - but as the others already mentioned: most have been burned by f*cktards like H*c*st and are a bit more cautious before dropping that amount of money...

It is really sad to have to act like this, and even though i think nobody really expects you to act like them (even comparing you to them i am sorry for :( ) but they have poisoned the well..

All in all: i've backed your kickstarter last time (just for the hell of it, not sure if the game is my cup of tea, will play the demo soon (gotta get cd-r's too)) maybe i'll get a regular edition, but for now at least it seems your store is down :(
Jeder hat das Recht auf seine eigene Meinung, aber nicht das Recht auf seine eigenen Fakten.
hombreimaginario
Anfänger
Anfänger

Beitrag von hombreimaginario »

Acrid hat geschrieben:Yes, 100€ is very much and a bit too much. I think 60€ would be a good price. But I ordered it, because I don't buy that much games for other platformes and I never buy brandnew games, I don't have a PS4 or a XBox One. So I can make an exception and pay 100€.

But personally I have some problems with Xenocider at the moment. It should be a Space-Harrier-like game, but at the moment it's not as good as the old classic game. The steering/handling is too complicated and the animations are not smooth. You have a 3D engine, so sidescrolling stages or even backward scrolling stages like in Rez would be nice. And I don't like the fisheye visuals.
Thank you for your order!!
We know there's still much room for improvement. We appreciate your feedback :)
DragoonC hat geschrieben:it would have been a better solution, to offer a PAL disc only and PAL covers for download, so everybody can do their own. thats price reducing, you would even sell more PAL copies. everybody would be happy about that.
Uh... you're kidding, right? PAL disc only + downloadable covers doesn't equal a limited edition or a collector's item. At all. And i'ts obviously not sealed.
It's more like Watermelon's BITS editions you have to put together when you receive them (well, at least those are sealed when delivered). No die-hard PAL collector/completist (and I mean, those who seek sealed games and don't even open them) would be interested in that.

I understand your opinion and I wouldn't buy it myself, but only because I couldn't care less about sealed games kept on the shelf and I don't own a single PAL DC game. Offering a highly-limited PAL collector's edition means offering an all complete and put together and sealed item, not a "do it yourself" kit. Some people would have been happy about that? Absolutely. But the PAL collector that product is conceived for certainly wouldn't be among them.
mstar hat geschrieben:If you still have the limited editions left:

Put. numbers. on. them.

They'll sell like hotcakes - but as the others already mentioned: most have been burned by f*cktards like H*c*st and are a bit more cautious before dropping that amount of money...

It is really sad to have to act like this, and even though i think nobody really expects you to act like them (even comparing you to them i am sorry for :( ) but they have poisoned the well..

All in all: i've backed your kickstarter last time (just for the hell of it, not sure if the game is my cup of tea, will play the demo soon (gotta get cd-r's too)) maybe i'll get a regular edition, but for now at least it seems your store is down :(
As I stated on our FB / Twitter and shop just yesterday, we're experiencing some technical issues wiyh Paypal. Absolutely nothing to do with us or what we're doing on our side. But being the only payment method we were working with, we had to temporarily close the shop until everything's fixed. We hope it will only take a couple of days. Sorry! :(
DragoonC
Lebende Legende
Lebende Legende

Beitrag von DragoonC »

Uh... you're kidding, right? PAL disc only + downloadable covers doesn't equal a limited edition or a collector's item. At all. And i'ts obviously not sealed.
It's more like Watermelon's BITS editions you have to put together when you receive them (well, at least those are sealed when delivered). No die-hard PAL collector/completist (and I mean, those who seek sealed games and don't even open them) would be interested in that.
see and thats where you're wrong :?
go ask PAL collectors. they even have unreleased games diy kits in their collection, like Propeller Arena. PAL collectors have no problem with that, cause they know most games came as ntsc and would even do this and be happy about with new games.
--> https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3929/1526 ... 06ea_b.jpg
Stardragon
Verdientes Ehrenmitglied
Verdientes Ehrenmitglied

Beitrag von Stardragon »

I don't agree, DraoonC. I think most PAL collectors prefer a complete version, nothing to download. The DIY kits are only liked for unreleased games because no original version is available. When I wanted a cheaper version only for playing, I would buy the regular version, looking like an US version. For a collection I wouldn't print my own covers as long as a original version exists.

@ hombreimaginario
Good luck brinning your shop back online.
Gamer aller Arten. Egal, ob auf dem Bildschirm, auf dem Tisch, in Gedanken oder in Wald und Flur. Gelegentlich gebe ich Einblicke in meine Gedanken und mein Tun auf Twitter:
https://twitter.com/DracoAstris

Meine Sammlung
Meine VMU-Sammlung
hombreimaginario
Anfänger
Anfänger

Huge update! Pre-orders, why (and how) limited editions are limited, our demo, your feedback, and a big thank you!

http://retrosumus.com/2016/09/xenocider ... thank-you/

Bild
Stardragon hat geschrieben:I don't agree, DraoonC. I think most PAL collectors prefer a complete version, nothing to download. The DIY kits are only liked for unreleased games because no original version is available. When I wanted a cheaper version only for playing, I would buy the regular version, looking like an US version. For a collection I wouldn't print my own covers as long as a original version exists.
My thoughts exactly.
Propeller Arena or, say, Volgarr the Viking are special cases because no original/official/sealed option is available anyway.
Good luck brinning your shop back online.
I just put it back online before coming here to post the update so there it is! :D
mstar
Foren-Ass
Foren-Ass

Beitrag von mstar »

Just to stress that point again:

No numbers, no order - period.
Jeder hat das Recht auf seine eigene Meinung, aber nicht das Recht auf seine eigenen Fakten.
hombreimaginario
Anfänger
Anfänger

New video! Our underwater stage is now fully playable and features lots of new visual effects and animations!
http://retrosumus.com/2016/11/xenocider ... ter-stage/

:D

Pre-order Xenocider today:
http://retrosumus.com/shop

(Less than 20 units of the PAL edition still available)
hombreimaginario
Anfänger
Anfänger

Our Dev Diaries are back! New enemies, new music, new features, new bosses revealed!

Make sure to watch until the end ;)

http://retrosumus.com/2016/11/dev-diari ... ry-so-far/

Pre-order Xenocider today: http://retrosumus.com/shop/
(Only 13 copies left of the ultra-limited PAL edition!)
hombreimaginario
Anfänger
Anfänger

Just in case you guys are a bit lazy to check out the link, here's the video anyway :P

http://youtu.be/n7W76MYk35E
(Please watch until the end, there's Ameba footage there as well!)

Read the whole story here :)

Pre-order Xenocider here!
Stardragon
Verdientes Ehrenmitglied
Verdientes Ehrenmitglied

Beitrag von Stardragon »

It's more, I am to lazy to answer :P

Just watched the video, progress looks really good. :)
Gamer aller Arten. Egal, ob auf dem Bildschirm, auf dem Tisch, in Gedanken oder in Wald und Flur. Gelegentlich gebe ich Einblicke in meine Gedanken und mein Tun auf Twitter:
https://twitter.com/DracoAstris

Meine Sammlung
Meine VMU-Sammlung
hombreimaginario
Anfänger
Anfänger

We just came back to our homes after reuniting in Madrid for an intensive work weekend, mainly focused on turning Xenocider on a more complete, playable (and re-playable) experience. We all live in different cities, so we keep each other updated via Skype or Hangouts and do regular video-meetings when we are done with our jobs, which usually means quite late at night. But once in a while, meeting and testing things in person is worth the trip...

Lots of updates, learn more here!
http://retrosumus.com/2016/11/xenocider ... in-madrid/

Bild
Antworten

Mitglieder in diesem Forum: 0 Mitglieder und 178 Gäste